Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What I've been working on.

Hi!

Book, Fabric & Floss
I've been doing a lot of stitching.  I need to clear out a project or two so I can finish this project.  It's a reproduction of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.  When I saw the finished piece and saw that I could purchase the pattern it was a major "I have to do this."  For several reasons, the first reason is my faith, it just calls me.  The second reason is that I was there, DH and I were in Italy and toured the Sistine Chapel back in 1984 and that was before it was "cleaned" and it was amazing.  The third reason, I've never done anything this big or fabulous, and it'll be the last big piece I ever do.  So that's what's up with this piece. 


I started in the center of the piece, this is the beginning of "The Creation of Eve"










Progress to-date

5 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

You have a lot of reason to stitch Sistine Chapel. It's a beautiful piece and I'll be watching your progress! Maybe some day I'll be brave enough to do it also... Good luck!

Terri said...

Looks fantastic so far. I have this chart as well. I do have to get the fabric for it however. Someday :)

jninecostumes said...

How big will it be when finished? and how long do you estimate it will take you? Will you have it professionally framed? It looks like a major challenge. Good luck

Jo said...

I'd love to do this one myself. Your stitching so far is wonderful, look forward to watching this grow.

Unknown said...

Cindy, I would be careful about putting up a database with people's names. (to exchange cuts) PC could go after them too.

Powered By Blogger