Friday, April 22, 2011

Panda Pop-Up Card Style 1

Hi!  With the release of Cricut's Pop-Up cartridge, I thought I'd share how I make pop-up cards.  I learned how to do them this way over 15 years ago when I was a Stampin' Up! demo.  We made due since there wasn't as many gadgets or tools back then.   Okay, here we go. 

Supplies:  Piece of card stock, half of a sheet of 8-1/2"x11" card stock, folded in half, foam pop dot (optional), glue pen or tape, bone folder, score board (optional), Image (I used the Panda from Pagoda, cut at 3"), additional images (optional - I used a heart from George and Basic Shapes cut at 1"), lastly 2 strips of card stock cut 1/2" wide and  2-3/4" long. 

 Assemble your supplies.  I didn't try to camouflage the pop-up strips, if this were a card I was giving to someone, I would decorate the card stock, and use paper strips that blend into the background.
Supplies
 

Score the strips at 1/2" (this attaches to the card stock) then at the other end 1" and 1/2" (these will attach to the back of the Panda)

Strips attached to the Panda, I only used 2 strips, you can use more or less depending on the size of your image.

Use glue and attach the strip to the card stock.  Dry fit first to make sure the Panda stays inside the folded card.  If your strips are too long, shorten them.  There isn't a set length, just use strips that fit your design.  I attached a pop-dot to the heart.  The Panda just sits on the bottom part of the card, it's not glued or attached, it needs to move so it can lay down when the card folds.

Finished Assembly

3 comments:

molly said...

it is well good love it really funny and sweet made me go awwwwww nom

albert said...

hey guys! try this game it's so nice https://games.lol/panda-pop/

anonymous said...

Thanks and it was great to see about charactercount.online site

Powered By Blogger